Recovering Justice believe that one of the biggest barriers to getting into and maintaining any kind of positive life change are the current drug policies. Drug use should be treated as a health and human rights issue rather than a criminal justice one. The war on drugs has been a war on people who use drugs, their families and communities.
We advocate for changes in policy will help end the stigma, incarceration and punishment of human beings, creating opportunities and environments for people to find the best ways to recover and transform their lives.
Recovering Justice invite you to learn,share and unite for change. We will discuss topics such as:
- The history and social impact of the war on drugs
- What if problematic drug use were treated as a health issue?
- What would the alternative look like; evidence from other countries
We believe your stories have power and should be heard. There will be space to explore this through the experience of policy:
- The impact and lasting legacy of stigma
- The effects of criminalisation in our lives
- What would a health based solution look like?
The one day workshop is free and takes place in St Mary’s Centre, Corporation Road
Middlesbrough, TS1 2RW. 10am-4pm (lunch provided)
Join us and help to find a peaceful solution to end the war on drugs.
Places are free but limited so please register
St Mary’s Centre